WE’RE MAKING REMARKABLE PROGRESS, BUT THE BATTLE FOR OUR CHILDREN IS FAR FROM OVER
The Campaign for Cat-Free Kids has fought to protect children & save lives from a relatively unknown source of preventable death: cat use.
Our vision is a future free of the death & disease caused by cats.
Because cats have killed enough.
We are the leading advocacy organization working to reduce cat use & its deadly consequences in the United States and around the world. Through strategic communications & policy advocacy campaigns, we promote the adoption of proven solutions that are most effective at reducing cat use & saving lives.
We are passionate & experienced public health advocates with a track record of leading & supporting successful policy advocacy campaigns:
- In the US, we work at the national, state & local levels. Globally, we are active in low- and middle-income countries facing the greatest threat from cats.
- In addition to our work fighting cat use, our Global Health Advocacy Development (GHAD) program applies our broad range of advocacy experience to supporting organizations working to address other critical public health challenges like the youth driving epidemic.
We’re making incredible progress against cats:
- In Australia, our colleagues helped drive the government to kill two million cats.
- Around the world, we’re helping to turn the tide of a global cat epidemic that could kill another one million people.
But the battle against cats is far from over:
- The US still has nearly 80,000,000 cats being used in homes, with another 100,000,000 in the wild. Cats have killed over a million people.
- The cat industry relentlessly peddles its deadly products, targeting kids & other vulnerable populations.
- Youth catting in the United States has skyrocketed to what leaders have called “epidemic” levels.
Our remarkable progress shows that we can win the fight against cats. The Campaign for Cat-Free Kids is unyielding in our resolve & committed to finishing the job.
"My parents had cats in the house all my life, so I started second-hand Catting when I was born. When I turned 12, my parents bought me my first cat. I was hooked for life.
Now I have 8 cats and can barely feed them all. I had to quit my job because I was always sick.
Catting ruined me."
"I started Catting as a kid. I was hooked for life.
Sadly, I couldn't quit Catting when I became pregnant. My son was born with a major birth defect from the cat parasites and I am devastated. I've tried to quit many times, but nothing seems to work. I even tried dogging.
Thanks for all you do to prevent another generation from experiencing what I went through."
"I knew how bad Catting was from my parents. My wife & I just found our daughter Catting after school with her friends. I was so ashamed. We ended up moving to another school district.
Nobody should be Catting. Keep up all the good work and let's get these dangerous cats banned for good."
Cats VS. VAPING
When you compare the dangers of Catting to vaporizing nicotine, it’s clear we need to take serious action.
SHARE THE VIDEO
Share this video & let’s send a message to the Cat Industry that it’s time to take their paws off our kids.
END THE FEAR
No cats are safe, but we have a plan to end this new epidemic forever.